Throughout the years, we have had the opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients. From protecting profits to running promotions based on inclimment weather we have done it all. Listed below are just a few examples of highly succesfull events. Please keep in mind every policy can be fine tuned to your specific needs.
- A prominent short track racing series does about fifteen races a year at different speedways in the South East United States. Most of the client's revenue is generated from ticket sales and race day purchases such as concessions, fan gear, and parking. Due to their outdoor venue, this racing circuit needs protection from a rain out that could occur at their events which would create a loss of revenue.
- After the client contacted US Weather Insurance, multiple policies were purchased on a race by race basis insuring against 1/3 inch of rain, enough to limit the attendance at a race and therefore affecting the series profit.
- The client has been able to plan their racing season each year without having to worry about the affects of weather on their individual races. For some policies, rain was recorded, a claim was filed and the client was paid out for the amount covered that day.
- A local jeweler located in downtown Grass Valley, CA has been in the fine jewelry business for over 100 years. For this year’s holiday shopping season they were looking for a new promotion to thank their longtime valued customers. The jeweler was up for anything that would bring some excitement and maybe even increase revenue.
- The US Weather Insurance Team knew that a sales promotion product would be the best option. This unique promotion allows the jewelry store to reimburse their customers' total purchases if a certain level of weather occurred on a specific date. US Weather Insurance proposed that if anyone purchased jewelry from the jewelry store during the Black Friday weekend and it snowed on Christmas Day then the customers would be fully reimbursed.
- The jeweler was shocked to see that not only did their valued customers love this sales promotion but they saw an increased revenue of over 300% year over year. The jeweler has since repeated their promotion for the last 3 years.
- A local basketball league in Minnesota is responsible for raising money for the local boys and girls high school basketball teams throughout the year. This money helps the team with equipment, uniforms, and travel (all of the essentials for the season). Each year the boys and girls basketball teams have an indoor weekend tournament at the school to raise money for the season. Located in Minnesota, the threat of snow was a worry to the tournament director. He feared that people would not drive to the tournaments if it snowed too much.
- Since the client’s event was indoors, US Weather Insurance concluded that the weather wouldn’t be a factor during the event however the coverage would be best before the tournament when people would be traveling. For both tournaments US Weather Insurance set up a policy starting the night before the games and running through the weekend. The policy was for a total of 4 inches of snow to fall in each of the 24 hour periods.
- The booster club held the basketball tournaments without worry of snow impacting the event. Both tournaments went off without a hitch and the booster club was able to help out the basketball teams!
- An independent film producer from Ashland, MA was filming a movie near Concord, NC and only had a weekend to get the shoot done. He needed coverage to make sure that the weather would not negatively affect his travel and filming time for that weekend.
- The film producer's US Weather Insurance consultant ruled out a typical rain policy because his event was so time sensitive and any rain would prohibit the shooting of the film. A policy to cover rain free hours was the best option for the client. The client provided US Weather Insurance with the dates he needed coverage for and from there a policy was put into place that would guarantee 7 out of the 11 hours of travel and shooting to be completely rain free.
- The film producer was able to book his travel and approve his expense for filming knowing that he would be covered if it rained and filming could not occur.