Rain insurance coverage is one of the most popular types of coverage offered by US Weather Insurance. This type of coverage works well in several different scenarios including protection for outdoor special events, film productions and sales promotions. Whether you are looking to protect an event from lost revenues and/or unrecoverable expenses due to rainy weather or plan on running a sales promotion whereby you offer to reimburse customers if it rains on a certain day, US Weather Insurance can structure a policy that protects your bottom line.
Rain Insurance Options
- Based on: Rainfall
- This policy is designed to cover an insured if a certain amount of rain (as determined by the insured) were to fall during the selected time period. This allows the insured to decide what hours they need coverage for and how much rain would need to fall in order to negatively impact their event.
- Rain-Free Hours
- This policy is designed to cover an insured if a certain amount of rain (as determined by the insured) were to fall for more hours during the selected insured hours than the pre-determined number of dry hours that the client needs. For example, an insured may have a 12 hour window in which they need 6 hours to be dry and if it is not dry for at least 6 of those 12 hours then the policy would payout.
Definitions used in Rain Insurance
- 1/100 Inch of Rain - 0.01″
- A light shower for 2-5 minutes or a drizzle for 2 hours. This would not leave puddles on the ground and would slightly wet the surface.
- 1/4 Inch of Rain - 0.25″
- A light rain for 2-3 hours, moderate rain for 30-60 minutes or heavy rain for 15 minutes. Many puddles on the ground that do not disappear easily.
- 3/4 Inch of Rain - 0.75″
- Heavy rain for 2-4 hours. Deep standing water for long periods of time (a light or moderate rain never reaches this amount).
- 1/10 Inch of Rain - 0.10″
- A light rain for 30-40 minutes, moderate rain for 10 minutes or heavy rain for 5 minutes. Small puddles would form but usually disappear after a short while.
- 1/2 Inch of Rain - 0.50″
- Moderate rain for 1-2 hours or heavy rain for 30-45 minutes. Deep standing water for long periods of time (a light rain never reaches this amount).
- 1 Inch of Rain - 1.00″
- Heavy rain for several hours (2-5 hours). Deep standing water for long periods of time (a light or moderate rain never reaches this amount).